-Although we try to be as accurate as possible in giving you an estimated time for deposit on your refund, once we process and E-File your return it is then determined by the IRS. Luckily by visiting www.IRS.gov and clicking on the where's my refund link, and www.ftb.ca.gov for state, you will be able to get a date and time frame directly from the IRS of when you can expect your funds to be deposited. Before visiting the website make sure to have the Social Security Number of the primary tax filer, the total amount of your refund (federal and state) as well as your filing status. Typically once your refund is electronically filed its about 1-2 weeks before you receive it.
2. How can I schedule and appointment?
- One of our favorite questions, we love having you come into our office! You can request an appointment by going to the Contact Us link at the top of the page and filling out the information. Please give us a preference of Morning or Afternoon for your appointment, an idea of what days work for you. If we are unable to schedule you within your requested times, you will receive an email confirmation of your appointment. If you are one of loyal or new out of the area clients. Please use the Contact Us form as well to let us know if you would like to fax, mail, or email us your tax information and we will insure that we process your request as well. Our goal is provide all of our clients with an easy and enjoyable experience, whether it be in an in-person appointment or via our many other options.
3. What forms of payment do you accept?
-We accept Cash, Check, Or Credit. We can except your payment over the phone, by mail or by PayPal.
4. What forms do I need to fill out in order to email, fax or drop off my taxes?
-So we can accurately begin your income tax forms please visit our Forms section. These forms can be downloaded, printed and filed out. Please include these forms with your email, fax, or when you drop off your taxes. If we need further information from you we will contact you via phone or email.
5. What phone number can I use to call the IRS and the Franchise tax board?
- You can reach the IRS at 800-829-1040 and the Franchise Tax Board at 800-852-5711
6. How long does it take for the IRS to process an Amended return?
- Once your return is process it will take the IRS about 8-12 weeks.
7. What do I do if i can't pay my balance in full?
- For more options on paying your balance log onto the IRS or FTB and request a payment agreement.
8. I received a letter from the IRS or FTB what do I do?
-Fax us the letter to 909-948-2283. We will review the letter and contact you with any necessary additional information. Please insure to include the best way to reach you with the fax.
9.Why is my refund amount less than what I was told at the time of my tax preparation?
- Once refunds are processed by E-File or Mail, we are no longer responsible on the decisions made by the IRS. Although uncommon the IRS will delay your check or direct deposit for reasons such as math errors, one of the leading mistakes on returns and the correction of the mistake can either increase or decrease the expected refund. In addition, if you owe other debts to the federal government or to a state government, the IRS must apply your refund to those debts, before issuing your refund.